Thursday 8 August 2013

How to measure using a measuring cylinder

Hey!
I just completed an activity about how to read measurements from a measuring cylinder. Overall l found this activity very useful. The slides were very informative and clear and therefore made it easier for me to understand the basics about how to measure volumes using the measuring cylinder. This resulted in me to gain full marks at the end of the activity. I learned how important it is to read the volume of the substance at eye level and from the lowest position of the meniscus, in order to get accurate results. This activity also allowed me to realise a mistake I've been making when measuring measurements from a measuring cylinder. I learned that I have to put the measuring cylinder on a flat surface, and lower my body at eye level and then read the measurements, instead of holding the measuring cylinder and then reading it.
I really hope this helps those of you who struggle to measure measurements using a measuring cylinder.


( picture from google images)
Thanks J

1 comment:

  1. I had Visit your website which was very good..it would be great full to see that such a wild range of products you have
    thanks by Incubators Products Suppliers
    Measuring Cyliders

    ReplyDelete